Sunday, April 1, 2007

Blog: Reflection on the photograph

This is an image of two close friends who decided to venture out into the woods and unexpectedly got lost. During their adventure they seemed to have also lost their shoes. After their attempt to find their way back they rapidly became exhausted and decided to take a break. The older of the two girls takes the responsibility to stay awake and she is also the one who decides to keep on a watch-out while her friend takes a nap. The sun is about to set and the girl that is awake seems to be worried. She is pondering about what to do and how to get out of this situation safe and sound. The other sleeps restlessly as she depends on the older to save them as she always does. The focal point of this image is the two girls and their friendship or the bond that they share.



This image reminds me of my friendship with one of my very close friend, Shauna. We have been friends since we were kids and because I’m two years older I always felt the responsibility to watch over her. Even now that we’re much older and are adults, I always watching over her; except situations are much different. When we were young my responsibilities were that of what is seen in the image, I too would be the one keeping a watch-out while she takes a nap. Now, however, I keep a watch-out when she decides to do things such as drinking.

No comments: