Sunday, April 15, 2007

Blog: Free write

During work on Friday, two of my very closest friends dropped by my work at separate times and unexpectedly. Since I work at the Walgreen Pharmacy on Colfax and Race, it get incredibly busy there and there’s never really any time to just to a break and talk so for that reason I knew something was up because they never drop by my work. My first friend, Shauna that dropped by my work dropped off a pineapple drink for me and just said “you better get off on time” and left. My other friend, Nancy dropped by an hour after and quickly handed me a card and left. As I read the card, I quickly realized that it was an invitation to my ‘surprise’ birthday party that they were throwing for me. After I got off work, I went home and quickly got dressed. When I arrived at Erin’s house, everyone screamed “surprise!” I acted surprised even though I really wasn’t; I knew what was going on. To tell you the truth, I am a very hard person to surprise. The food that was at the party was amazing. Nancy baked so many sweets I felt like I was going to get sick if I didn’t stop eating. Among the stuff that she baked, she also made this flower basket out of fruit. The night ended continued at the club called The Church where everyone was just wasted. I however, was just buzz since I was still sick I tried not to drink so much. The night ended when we got kicked out of the club because Nancy was too drunk. It wasn’t the best birthday, but the only that really matters are the people that are there to celebrate my birthday and I thank them for that.

Pictures of that night as posted below

2 comments:

Jonathan Tran said...

sounds like a kick ass time and a party. surprise birthdays parties are something i hope to experience some day. also i would like to experience sweet treats drunk. also i want to solve cancer and aids.

sometimes it's just cool to write about stuff that happened to you then some day you just look back and you remember the feelings that you had. it's just a kick ass way to feel good about your self in the future if your down.

Ronit said...

Wow you are lucky that you got a surprise party! It was always my dream that someone would do that for me, but no one ever did. That sounds alike a lot of fun! Happy birthday by the way. I have heard of the church before, but have never been there.