Sunday, April 22, 2007

Blog: Free Write

A Little Bit About My Family

My parents arrived to America 25 years ago from Vietnam to give their children a better life. I have heard heroic stories about my father’s journey to America many times, and I still can’t believe the hardship he went through to give us a better life. Life in America for my parents was very tough especially since they were foreign and therefore did not know any English. Both my parents work 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Why so much? Because there’s five of us kids plus an additional 3 which belonged to my uncle; therefore they were raising 8 kids. Amazing isn’t it. Till this day, I still don’t know how they managed. All five of us are now currently attending college. I am the 2nd oldest of my siblings, and I have to admit, my parents did an amazing job raising us. With one more semester to go I will be applying to pharmacy and nursing school next semester. I will be first in my family to graduate college and I have my parents to thank for. Growing my parents encouraged my to excel in school, to be the best I can be; and today I am as far as I am because of my parents. Many of us take our parents for granted but it is important to remember that they gave us life and they help us shape who we are today. They love us unconditionally even though at times it doesn’t seem like it and when we become parents ourselves one day, we will understand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You told me some and you facinated me instantly.
Your espectations were different to phat of mine, IM NOT RICH...
It's real hard to forget you.
Good luck nga

Robinsen Clerk said...

Free writing is a technique developed by Peter Elbo, helping you achieve controlled creativity by shortening the thoughts on the throat and then connecting those thoughts.