Sunday, March 4, 2007

Blog Free write: A New Addtion to the Family

A week ago from yesterday I brought home a new addition to the family, a French bulldog name Lilo. Her name originated from the movie Lilo and Stitch. Lilo is two-and-half months, weighs approximately 5 pounds and is 85% house broken. She is black and white with freckles on her paw. She has only been with me for a week now and she is already attached to us. One major reason my boyfriend and I decided to get her was for our Boston Terrier, Pua, who gets pretty lonely when no is home because we’re so occupied with school and work. Pua was jealous at first when she first met Lilo, but now they are started to get along really well. However, Pua does not know the extent of her strength and plays too aggressively. I hope within time she will acknowledge that Lilo is just a puppy and realize that she needs to be gentle with her. Hopefully they will become best of pals.

As for me however, things have been a little tough. Lilo looks up to me as her mother figure, and has become really attached to be. I too have become attached to her. She refuses to sleep in her kennel and will continue to whimper throughout the whole night until you let her sleep on the bed with you. The problem with this is that as a puppy nature calls frequently so I’m always getting up in the middle of the night to take her to go potty. After she does her business, she wants to stay up for about half-an-hour to play. Well, this is tough on me because I have to wake up early and get ready for school. For this past week, I have been getting about 6 hours of sleep in a night. I guess it’s what I sign up for when I decided to get a puppy right? Well I can say one thing for sure the joy she brings us I worth it! I wouldn’t trade her for anything.

1 comment:

Jonathan Tran said...

Those dogs are really cool. I just got a dog a year ago and I thought I would never really would like dogs, but it turns out they can be really neat. Sometimes I think my dog is really sad though, so I want to get another dog as well to make her happy. When i send her to her neighbors she is really happy, so if I get her another dog she would be happy all the time.

cool pictures.